I posted this idea on Reddit a little while ago and I received a lot of great feedback on my initial design.
- Carbon/micron filtration for enclosed server racks. /u/fencing49
- Sound damping/isolation on printer/frame interface, stepper/printer interface. /u/fencing49
- Camera mounts (on print head, optional different angles and positions), interior LED lighting. /u/fencing49
- Environmental monitoring (temp and humidity). /u/fencing49
- Casters, for to make move easier (these are already on the rack I have). /u/fencing49
- NO CANTILEVER PRINT BED!!1 /u/SirMisterJohn /u/holydeltawings /u/S00rabh
- Easy access to all sides/components for easy(er) tinkering. /u/jojowasher
- More robust z-axis for the truly tall (6 foot) server racks. /u/jebba
- Four total hotends, one precise (0.2 or 0.3), one medium (0.4 or 0.5), and two volcano size.
- Heated bed (if possible). /u/fencing49
- Borosilicate print surface. /u/fencing49
- Many spools available (hey, there’s space for four right now!). Up to four spools may be loaded.
Parts and Components
- Empty rack cases: http://www.mpja.com/Rack-Mount-Case-1U/productinfo/17811+BX/